she left her eyes
she had a best friend, who then left town
drinks on Thursday, I'll see you around
she left her eyes, to stay with me
but her body's on the run in the land of the free
she lives precarious, sixteenth floor
ripped-out cartoons stuck to the door
she lived vicarious, she wants much more
than public housing, and locked-door death
junk-food, magazines, tobacco breath
she wrote poetry, more or less
big and beautiful, I must confess
a Hallmark card, in a flowing dress
she had a best friend, her friend left town
drinks on Thursday, then I'll see you around
remotely controlled by the silver screen
soft eyes smiling on the thin-girl scene
He came at 10, turned out the light
I met a nice guy, but he wasn't nice
and busy men don't come twice
now she writes loves-lines, every night
she fell in love with the idea of feeling
she's madly in love with a popcorn ceiling
- s lots of guys in my neighborhood, walking round...
- s to feed the rich and starve the poor well, w...
- X When I was very young, I was depressed. And I...
- c p pack your bags and find the door it's a sa...
- I just wanna pull off your sheet Oh my monster you...
- she left her eyes she had a best friend, who ...
- ▼ October (6)
- ► 2007 (199)