x
Very Untitled




Why did Bonnie and Clyde cross the road?

Because anthrax hadn't been invented.

Why were Bonnie and Clyde mistaken for a chicken?

Because every day is Thanksgiving.

Clyde got a call last night from Bonnie. It was long distance.

He said, I can't hear you, my music's on too loud.

I'm a one-man S&M machine.

Even when I'm a thousand miles from myself, I can still put a cloth over my mouth.

One day, when I was a kid, my mother removed her hand from my thigh and said, Son,

When you see a wounded animal, get the hell out of it's way

I said, Why?

And she said, Because it can't possibly win.

She was sleeping on the sofa at the time.

I once caught my dad panting over some panties. I quickly took a photo.

Was he wasting anyone's time? I don't think so.

My dad was the musician Phil Ochs. In his final years he would always sign in for gigs and open-mikes using the name John Train.

John Train. He clearly wasn't writing young man's poetry.

I would like the space between myself and others to be in the form of a flower in a flower-pot, on a window-sill, with the sun coming down on it.

Did he inherit his father's disease? I don't know.

He once said, at a gig, I don't have any regrets. My kids will not talk about me when I've left the building.



x

No comments:

Facebook Badge