Do you mind if I smoke? That's where it fucking starts, right there. Do 'you' mind if 'I' smoke? Do you mind if I sit here? Do you mind if I wear this? Do you mind if I think this? Do you mind if I say this? Do you mind if I do this? And you start shrinking, shrinking, shrinking. Anyone ever heard of Ernesto Che Guevara? Do you think he walked around saying, Do you mind if I smoke?

I want to make a movie about the Cuban Revolution. It'll show Che Guevara and Fidel Castro overthowing the landlords, overthrowing the industrialists, overthrowing the bankers, overthrowing the US-backed military, overthrowing the CIA, then finally walking into the palace of the fascist dictator himself , into his inner sanctum, sitting down and saying "Excuse me, do you mind if we smoke?" I don't think so.

But that's how they get you. Gulliver's Travels, that's about me and you. We're the little people. But we're not really little. Collectively, we're the big guy, we're Gulliver. But we're tied down by the litle people. They have little ropes, lots of little ropes. They're mental ropes, and they tie us down with them so we that we can't go anywhere. And if we want to stand up and move forward, we have to break every one of these mental ropes.

I don't want to get too deep on your motherfuckin' asses, but do you know why yuppies hate cigarettes? I'll tell you. It's because they hate the people who smoke cigarettes.

Now's the time to think all these things through. If you don't, you'll become the person you never wanted to be.

There's a campaign against Wal-Mart. What's with that? Sure, it's non-union and low pay. But so is Home Depot. If you talk to the people who work there, and I do, they'll tell you the same story, It's a heap of shit. There's no difference between Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Yet we're told Wal-Mart should be closed down, and that Home Depot is just great, that it's actually fun, they say, You can get anything you want from Home Depot. I don't know about you, but I can't get everything I want from Home Depot. Oh, you can get everything you need, excepting Alice. How big is this forest? How mushroom do you need?

So why are they so against Wal-Mart? There is an answer to this.
We need to think for ourselves, and see for ourselves, and feel for ourselves.

Officer, take your hands off Alice's tiny neck.

Personally, I think Wal-Mart is an important social intitution. It's the only place where white people get to meet Black people.

*

I know what's running through your mind. You're thinking, Martin, were you born a fucking genius? Well, no, I wasn't. Karl Marx taught me this. Che Guevara taught me this. The mushrooms taught me this. Alice teaches me this.

No officer, we're not lost, we know exactly where we are.



*




.....................................................................................................................I'm A Communist


*









2 comments:

Anna Montana said...

I'm thinking you were born brave. For not being afraid to live as you believe and for not being afraid to open your mouth and say what's truly on your mind. You know that's a dangerous thing to do nowadays - it's almost "criminal."

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anna. I'm not really so brave, my friend, but it does feel good to stick my head out of the rabbit hole a little, and feel the breeze on my face. The mushrooms certainly help me blow out a few cobwebs. I'll probably start taking this kinda stuff 'outside' next year, and I expect it'll startle people a bit, but they'll take it in their stride, and I'm sure some will like it.

Facebook Badge

Blog Archive