kissing the hand
Jewel In The CrownM sister.



Kissing The Hand that Feeds Me



There's some black stuff coming out of my arm

And a harmonica that swings like Elvis

A bald wig by a bowl of oranges


I'm a prostitute

But my sister refuses to work


I once dated a video-store in Vancouver

she said, do you want to do drugs

I said, I already have


My father wore a pair of scissors

With matching jig-saw puzzles


What do you call a cheerful clairvoyant?

A happy medium


He was proud king of the world's smallest nation
'
I just called it an armchair

But I promised to continue his rain


I used to teach in a Catholic high-school called John F Kennedy

They've got a picture of Marilyn being raped in the entrance-way

And they call it the holy boast


Why do janitors brush hair off these bridges?

Skeletons sell speed to tourists and the wide-eyed deer

whose fur I gently stroke


She wanted the world to be diffident

The expansive ambition of cactus

I've got my joy in a picture of the Northern Lights


She wasn't much of a biter

But she could drink you under the table


My mother was a fine woman

When I stare over the Rockies I always see her


I won her at the fairground, and carried her away in your coat


Only idiots follow horoscopes


I had my bedroom walls designed by William Blake


Don't be afreud, i'm just junger than you are


She fell from a fishing-boat on the way to treason

I don't know what she looks like

Though no-one except me has ever seen her


She never caused a crisis in the English Monarchy


She is the reason the Mariners had a bad season

She is the reason I collect phone numbers


And I stroke her ears

That she may hear this


I was stinking of him today

When I stepped on a white glove



.


b
vn

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Blog Archive