z j



The Function of Clothes. (24-hour mall)


My friends

It is hard to state the exact dates of their deaths.

By the time I got to their bodies

They were already so covered in marks

That it was clear they had undergone

Over a period of several years

A countless number of everyday, predictable deaths


*
*
Pro-Union At A Peace Rally
k
k
I may be against war on Sunday
h
But I am inside one on Monday
k
k
k
k
(the above is Quote of the Unmeek.)
n
n
n
n
people are quite nice and they are
interesting
dancing alone is very exciting
dancing with others is also
exciting
and very nice
and quite interesting
.
.
.
Alice is Wonderland
,
*
k
A bucketful of clothes and ashtrays
a salamandered fish-hook to the sky's lunar embrace
is sandwiched between hope
which floats white balloon down a child's prayer of riverdom
& the blanket circumference of tattered blue wings
which are my eyes when you drown them in a frying-pan of lizards
your eyes which are jupiter when they sit on my neck
& surround the poor fish in bejeweled despair
and your eskimo'd eyelashes of Detroit steel
are the fairground of simplicity
it begs the vulture to dance sideways into a wall of roses
your legs of snow which are scissors slicing the frowning sky like a glorious teardrop in a monk's hat
starlight enters your panties
& the 2 beautiful babies of your breasts watch me
as I open you with my brazen teeth of bracken and forget-me-knots
there are 12 dead pidgeons on the sidewalk below
and 3 dolphins swam out the window
thru the bars of pollution
which are now overlaid with a multitude of yellow triangles
which is also your body as I kneel before you
and gaze up at this calender of horses
which is kneeling now before me
like a magnificent mare
m
bb
,
v,
and the two.m

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the nude, nicked, Barbie doll tied upside down to the computer monitor. Razor, dangling eagerly next to her.

martin marriott said...

I'm sorry, have i missed something here? This is a poetry website. I've got rhymes and everything. Metaphors, symbols. Elephants. Please take whatever childhood traumas you have back to Canada. I couldn't mountie if i tried. This is a finely-mown croft. For example, egg-plants. Try balancing one on your head. That's where the money is.

Anna Montana said...

Shopping at Value Village again were ya? ;)

Anonymous said...

People get on my case as if it was ME that cut them up. But it wasn't. Jesus. Or was it?

It was meant to be a political poem. Bloody hell.

Some days you just can't swim.

Facebook Badge

Blog Archive